January 2021 Minutes

HOOSIC VALLEY PTO Minutes 

Meeting Date:  1/6/2021

Virtual Meeting

Attendees:

Liz Ruepp, Lisa Meehan, Melissa Kalbfliesh, Erika Silverman, Bridget Chapko, Brandee Silloway, Bessie Baldwin, Carolyn Gifford, Stacy Kyea, Darcy Bealuac, Janice Lee, Christa Waryas, Amelia Manders

Mtg Start time:  6:34pm

Treasurer’s report:  Not many reimbursements, only check for snacks for the staff rooms, no funding requests last month. We might need to remind the teachers to utilize us, possibly partner with HVEF to reach out. We received a lifetouch check, it will be on next month’s report

Secretary’s report:  updated newsletter

Committee Reports:

  • Bylaws Committee:  format and send bylaws out this evening, read over for next meeting and get them approved
  • Yearbook:  back and forth on the idea.  Amelia is heading it up.  Most of it will be the class pics, not much content. Maybe put out a poll to see if parents were interested or call it for the year? One company has a “pay as you go yearbook”, no required number of books. Parents can customize 2 pages the other content would be what we prepare.  Amelia will do a facebook poll to see the interest.  Amelia will try to reach out to Kathy again and see how the photo folders are doing, possibly do reminders within the teacher bulletins.  Kathy went around and got pics before breaks.  Amelia did get permission to go in the school after break to get pics of classes with none.  The school class pictures have a lot of errors.

Unfinished (Old) Business:

  •  Festival of Wreaths:  Went really well!!  Amelia did a wonderful job with the website, tremendous response and would still like the online aspect.  Possible high school interaction, just not the year to do it but will reach out again next year to see if they would like to be involved.  Raised 964.65 through just the store, due to the extra fee for credit cards, but a total of 1019.65 with the donations.  Huge thank you to all that donated wreaths and those who purchased tickets towards the fundraiser.
  • Teacher wish lists:  Sent an email to the principals to send out a flyer.  Mr Foti wanted verification of who we wanted on the lists (teachers/aids)etc.  We agreed for everyone working in the building if they want a wishlist they can have one.  
  • Virtual Event:  Virtual bingo will be held on Friday, March 5th @6:00 pm. Bridget will be our caller. We will do a trial run before the event to work out any issues. We need to decide if we will have prizes/ fee to join.

Other things besides Bingo?  Paint and sip, cooking classes, scavenger hunt, trivia night etc

New Business

  •  PAPR:   Will run for the whole month of March.  Diving into Reading Ocean underwater theme partnering with Ronald Mcdonald house.  They will read 15 mins/5 days a week, track their reading and bring back every week. Ronald McDonald house  fundraiser – children will have sponsors for minutes they read or a flat rate.There is a website that people can send their donations through.  Ronald McDonald House will cut a 10 percent check back in what they raise.  They will be able to read certain amounts and get prizes through RMH.  Teachers will give raffles tickets and pull prizes at the end through school.  Possible donors –   Chrissys, Sammy Cohens, Fair, Schagaval, Brew Den, barber shops, Spare Time, etc. Ronald Mcdonald is going to do a virtual kickoff for the kids and the teachers will video their skit to introduce the program.  The top 2 earners would be invited to attend an event at the Ronald Mcdonald house. Possibly let kids order t-shirts to match the teachers for the month long event. 

Suggestion  – apply to Stewart’s holiday match for this.  Get money and then we can buy the gift certificates from local businesses. 

PTO voted to cover the cost of drinks and pizza for the teachers who will decorate on February 26 and fund decorations.  

PTO will provide a cover letter for donations.  

Can we incorporate Virtual “screen free” week?   Read aloud virtual night.  Kids could choose their own personal read alouds. 

  • High School Yearbook Ad 250.00 expense: All in favor, no one is opposed.

Future Discussion:

N/A

Adjournment:  7:37pm

October 2020 Minutes

Minutes 

Hoosic Valley PTO

_______________________

 

October 5th, 2020 @ 6:00pm

Elementary School Parking lot (socially distanced)

 

Attendees:

Liz Ruepp, Amelia Manders, Carolyn Gifford, Janice Lee, Brandee Silloway, Lisa Meehan, Bessie Baldwin, Sarah Weber, Darcy Beaulac, Meg Bornt, Kim Macica, Stacy Kyea, Eric OBrien 

Continue reading

September Meeting Minutes

Minutes 

Hoosic Valley PTO

_______________________

 

September 3rd, 2020 @ 6:30pm

Elementary School Parking lot (socially distanced)

 

Attendees:

Liz Ruepp, Lissa Kalbfliesh, Amelia Manders, Carolyn Gifford, Janice Lee, Brandee Silloway, Lisa Meehan, Bessie Baldwin, Sarah Weber, Darcy Beaulac

 

Accepted minutes from August 13th, 2020

Continue reading

Minutes – July 9th, 2020

JULY 9TH, 2020

HOOSIC VALLEY 

PTO:  OFFICER MEETING

 (for previous and new officers)

______________________________________________________________________

July 9th, 2020 @ 6:30

Elementary School Parking lot (socially distanced meeting)

Continue reading

  • 1
  • 2