JANUARY 16, 2018 MINUTES
January 16, 2018 @ 6:30
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRARY
VOTING MEMBERS – Dehlia Dennison Northup, Darcy Beaulac, Amanda Akin, Karen Carlson, Mr. Mark Foti and Carrie Serritella.
TREASURER’S REPORT -not present
recap from last meeting
- Writing Olympics date for Authors night was change due to testing. Rescheduled for April 25, 2018
- Teacher appreciation-Liz Ruepp researched maybe getting mugs, total $482- there are 173 full time employees and 80 teachers. Mugs $1.10 plus shipping.
- Vendor Fair- March 11, 2018, Janelle Johnson was not present at meeting, need to reach out to her on volunteers.
- Screen Free Week- is in March, need to discuss at next meeting, confirming what we will have and need volunteers for each day.
- Bingo Night-February 9, 2018- a sign-up genius was set up for donations of food, etc.
- Chicken wing fundraiser-OUT
- Discussed matters regarding a fundraiser that Mrs. Clark had created and that, in the end the school ended up funding, however, the money raised will go back to the donor’s by certificate, and the donor’s will have to donate to another cause. The Superintendent, apparently is now discussing not allowing this to happen again. Lisa Meehan apparently disagreed and is addressing. No further discussions were continued, as Lisa Meehan was not at the meeting and Mr. Foti gave some input on the matter as well.
- E-mail was sent to Karen Carlson on the update regarding the Johnsonville Ambulance Scholarship. Mrs. Carlson was present at the meeting and addressed the email, and stated we are awaiting for the other attorney’s response. A possible final beginning of this scholarship will be likely next year.
- Dehlia is looking into and having a phone conference on a fundraiser for “Fun-Run”, she will let us know at the next meeting. Some questions were raised as to liability. Further discussions will be needed as we were waiting on Dehlia’s thoughts on the fundraiser.
Should anyone have an idea they would like to share, please feel free to attend our next meeting or email the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org
FEBRUARY 13, 2018 @ 6:30pm Elementary School Library
Trackback from your site.