June 13, 2017 PTO Minutes of the Meeting
June 13, 2017 @ 6:30
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRARY
MEMBERS – Darcy Beaulac, Amelia Manders, Tammy Morrissey, Liz Ruepp, Amanda Akin, Amy Smyth, Cari Kinnicutt, Karen Carlson, Christa Waryas Bessie Baldwin, Joe Barton.
TREASURER’S REPORT PRESENTED
1.Announcement of Officers for Academic Year 2017/2018
2.Country Fest 7/8- Chair needed ASAP ( Amanda will coordinate-and create a sign-up genius for times)
3.Memorial for Will Rowe (Karen)
4.JVAS Scholarship update (Karen/Amanda)
5.Status of vendor for ordering school supplies (Dehlia)
6.Declining Enrollment-look into paying an outside course to come in and discuss effects and strategies
7.2017/2018 Monthly meeting dates and times
8.2017/2018 calendar of events and chairs
9. Fundraising ideas for 2017/2018
10. Elementary School Pictures and Year Book
11.PTO year end recap-discussion of what to change/make and/or do better to peek more interests
Recap from last meetings-funding request approved
Funding request- since April meeting (May meeting dedicated to board candidates)
The following request were approved:
- 1st grade reading books
- ice cream/pizza party for elementary class with most donations to change for autism
- custom water bottles to graduates
- senior breakfast
- headphones for IPad for 1st. grade
- Elementary camp day/play items $100.00
- Videography/photograph club-underway with initial supplies ordered and delivered
AGENDA TOPICS-ACTION ITEMS:
1 Dehlia Dennison,-President; Amanda Akin-Vice President; Christa Waryas-Treasurer; Darcy Beaulac, Secretary
2.Sign-up was created
3. A donations was made to pay for Will Rowe’s horse boarding for one year?
4.JVAS Scholarship update (Karen/Amanda)- Follow-up and further discussions needed
5. Tabled for upcoming meetings
6. Tabled for upcoming meetings
7. To be discussed at the next meeting of officers
8.Tabled for upcoming meetings- PTO to set up table at open house; Odyssey of the Mind
9. Save-Around books are a definite for fall fundraiser, discussed starting them first week of October and run for a few weeks deadline October 13th.
Hoosic Valley umbrellas, chairs, bleacher seats, etc.
Read-a-thon: Janelle is willing to coordinate, need other volunteers, timing around book fair? and also coordinating with Zilla Herrington
10. Elementary School pictures are scheduled for 9/28, 9/29 with Retakes 11/14- need a chair and volunteer at the school each day. Darcy Beaulac volunteered for 9/29, need other volunteers.
Also discussions were made on whether we will continue using Lifetouch for the yearbook. Further discussions will be made with Amelia Manders.
11.Continue to discuss at upcoming meetings. Including, but not limited to: Communication with community members; consistent updates to website with events, links, agendas, minutes, discussing event timing, no screen week-earlier dates; vendor fair-advertising with purchased signs, thoughts about vendor fair around Christmas time; re-think for upcoming year about the elementary camp day- funding-T-shirts where a lot, PTO to fund maybe small gift items and whatever items are needed for games, etc., school banking; maybe invite special guests to each meeting; more presence at BOE meetings.
Should anyone have an idea they would like to share. Please feel free to attend our next meeting or email the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION FOR FUTURE MEETINGS:
_____________@ 6:30pm Elementary School Library