Minutes – December 21, 2016
December 21, 2016 @ 6:30
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRARY
VOTING MEMBERS – Tammy Morrissey, Darcy Beaulac, Christa Waryas
TREASURER’S REPORT PRESENTED
AGENDA-recap from last meeting
2.Fundraising-SAVEAROUND BOOKS-MIXBAG DESIGN, Ideas for 2017 Fundraising
3.Movie night RECAP:
4.School Pictures/Year Book advertising
- HS ART-Mass MoCa trip $60 for 2 docents for approx 50 kids-REQUEST APPROVED
- Flexible seating request from Mrs. Chapko $200 for 80 kids-REQUEST APPROVED
- Fillipone- Author visits James Preller (grades 4-6 281 kids) $1,200, Ryan Smithson writing workshop (AP English and creative writing in HS 48 students) $500, Daniel Miyares author visit (grades k-2 283 kids) $400. From what I have been told the arts in ed funding has been exhausted.MORE INFORMATION NEEDS TO BE PROVIDED, TEACHER TO ATTEND NEXT MEETING OR SEND MORE INFORMATION AS REQUESTED FROM PTO. DARCY BEAULAC WILL REACH OUT TO MRS. FILLIPONE.
- McAuliffe- There will be a 2nd field trip in the spring to Salem Art Works and she is looking for $200 to make that happen. NEED MORE CLARIFICATION ON IS THIS FOR A SECOND TRIP? ETC..
- Karen-Were you able to talk with 4th grade re: Brookside and birds of prey? If not they are requesting $319.44 for Brookside which was in November and $250 for birds of prey for FEB/MARCH-TABLED FOR NEXT MEETING TO REACH OUT TO KAREN.
- Kelly Rogers HS PE- New bluetooth PA speaker to use during PE classes and sporting events in gym $150-$160-REQUEST APPROVED
- Driver- Chess club is requesting funding for new chess sets $40-REQUEST APPROVED
- Driver Author visit-Eric Devine 80-90 students $300-MORE INFORMATION TO BE PROVIDED BY TEACHER AS REQUESTED BY PTO.
- American History and Government Grades 11 &12- Field trip to statue of liberty and Ellis Island immigration museum. Looking to go late January/Early February and looking for bus deposit which they estimate <$500.-REQUEST APPROVED
- Fundraising-SAVEAROUND BOOKS-MIXBAG DESIGNS- BOTH FUNDRAISERS ARE FINISHED AND WERE VERY SUCCESSFUL.
- Ideas for 2017 – TABLED FOR NEXT MEETING
- Fundraising suggestion from November 16, 2016 meeting was Val’s Sporting Goods online clothing sales for Spring
- JVAS- Building is in the process of closing. We will help give out scholarships in their name over the next 20 years!!-A MEETING WAS HELD WITH MARY SKIDMORE, AND MEMBERS OF THE JVA, AMANDA AKIN AND DARCY BEAULAC ON DECEMBER 12, 20016, TO DISCUSS THE SCHOLARSHIP. A LETTER OF INSTRUCTIONS WAS FORWARDED TO THE PTO BY MARY SKIDMORE ON HOW THEY WOULD LIKE THE SCHOLARSHIP TO BE ALLOCATED AND ADMINISTERED. PTO WILL HAVE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION.
#3 MOVIE NIGHT RECAP: not as good as turn out as hoped, suggestions made to contact for prior set up of the projector, so there are no problems and movie can start on time. Also the movie night is generally scheduled during holiday time, maybe a holiday movie should be played. Suggestions made for PTO to pick a selection of movies and set up a poll for voting on website/facebook for public to vote on the movie selection.
#4. SCHOOL PICTURES NEXT YEAR: Go with Life Touch again?-LIFE TOUCH APPROVED FOR NEXT YEAR. CONTRACT TO BE SIGNED..
Discussions were made maybe over 2 days rather than the 1 day this year- THIS WAS DISCUSSED AND LIFE TOUCH CONTACTED.
A RESPONSE WAS RECEIVED FROM Tonya Fazio-LIFE TOUCH,
Happy New Year! We can absolutely do two days if that’s how you’d like to schedule it. Would you prefer two cameras each day or would one be sufficient? What time would you like the photographer(s) be done each day? I’ll have to get back to you with available dates (for both original and absentee/retake day) later this week.
Do we want to advertise in HS Yearbook? We’ve been asked prices are between $35 for business card size, ¼ page for $70 to $450 for 2 page spread.-YES PTO WILL BE ADVERTISING IN THE SCHOOL YEAR BOOK AS DONE IN THE PAST. UNDERSTOOD THAT A FULL PAGE AD WAS PURCHASED FOR AROUND $250.00.
#5 SCHOOL BANKING: Janelle Johnson, another volunteer is needed to help with this set up. If you are interested please contact us and we will get you connected with Janelle. We would like to start the school banking up as soon as possible.
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION FOR FUTURE MEETINGS:
- Dates for Screen Free week, Ericka Silverman will chair- need second chair.
- Date for Bingo night, Bridget Chapko will chair.
- Zillah Herrington chair volunteers – Kathy Yaviniski working with volunteers on duties and structure
- Michaeline Pashley, Mackenzie Ricciardone, Kristin Schram, and Kristine Wohlfahrt
- School Banking CAPCOM
- Funding Request received (recap)
- Learning Fair
- Writing Olympics
- Zilla Herrington-New Chairs
- Bingo night
- Ideas for 2017 fundraising
- School Pictures timeslots to be discussed for next year
January 18, 2016 @ 6:30pm Elementary School Library