Minutes January 18, 2017
January 18, 2017 @ 6:30
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRARY
VOTING MEMBERS – Darcy Beaulac, Amelia Manders, Liz Ruepp, Carrie Serritella, Ericka Silverman, Eileen LaCourse, April Wickham, Lisa Meehan, Bridget Chapko and Amanda Akin.
TREASURER’S REPORT PRESENTED
AGENDA-recap from last meeting
2.Fundraising-Ideas for 2017 Fundraising
3.Screen Free Week
5.Custodial and Transportation Breakfast
#1 FUNDING REQUEST: Daniel Miyares author visit (grades k-2 283 kids) $400. Approved
McAuliffe- There will be a 2nd field trip in the spring to Salem Art Works and she is looking for $200 to make that happen. Approved
Karen-Were you able to talk with 4th grade re: Brookside and birds of prey? If not they are requesting $319.44 for Brookside which was in November and $250 for birds of prey for FEB/MARCH-TABLED FOR NEXT MEETING TO REACH OUT TO KAREN.
- A few of the Ideas mentioned for 2017 were
- Fundraising suggestion:
- Val’s Sporting Goods online clothing sales for Spring
- MY color run in fall or spring? $25.00/runner minimum
- Kentucky Derby party idea
- Dance party-Marathon Dance
FURTHER DISCUSSIONS ON IDEAS WAS TABLED FOR NEXT MEETING
Lots of ideas were received.Should anyone have an idea they would like to share, please feel free to attend our next meeting or email the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org
#3 SCREEN FREE WEEK– SCHEDULED FOR THE WEEK OF APRIL 10TH
- A few of the ideas mentioned were:
- Story time in library
FURTHER DISCUSSION ON IDEAS WAS TABLED FOR NEXT MEETING
Lots of ideas were received. Should anyone have an idea they would like to share. Please feel free to attend our next meeting or email the PTO at email@example.com
#4 BINGO NIGHT–SCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY 10, 2017 @ 6:30 ELEMENTARY CAFETERIA
#5 CUSTODIAL AND TRANSPORTATION BREAKFAST-FEBRUARY 1ST, 2017 TRANSPORTATION BUILDING. SIGN-UP GENIUS BEING SENT OUT FOR FOOD, ETC.
*Additional item discussed and voted on and approved by the officers after the meeting was held was the funding for the additional money needed for the field trip to the Albany Pine Bush for the 1st grade classes for the amount that will not be covered by the School District. Which represents the amount that the parents do not contribute.
- TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION FOR FUTURE MEETINGS:
- Screen Free week, Ericka Silverman will chair- need second chair.
- Bingo night, Bridget Chapko will chair.
- Zillah Herrington chair volunteers – Kathy Yaviniski WORKING ON
- School Banking CAPCOM
- Funding Request received (recap)
- Learning Fair
- Writing Olympics
- Zilla Herrington-New Chairs
- Ideas for 2017 fundraising
- School Pictures timeslots to be discussed for next year
FEBRUARY 15, 2017 @ 6:30pm Elementary School Library