September 2021 Minutes
Attendance – Liz Ruepp, Mr Foti, Brandee Silloway, Stacey Kyea, Lissa Kalbfliesh, Kimberly Macica
- Treasurer’s Report
Money minder subscription has lapsed. Unanimous vote to renew for $198
Unfinished (Old) business
- School Supply Order Recap – 90 kits sold, 84 shipped to school. Profit of $382.93 will be mailed to the school and needs to be cashed within 30 days. Valley Falls United Methodist church donated 2 kits per grade level for students in need. Discussed changing companies next year/ buying in bulk and doing it ourselves (Brandee would be willing to help make boxes). More feedback from teachers and parents is needed.
- Food Truck for teachers- very well received, long lines, but everyone enjoyed it
- Sensory Path – funding for 2 of the paths will be through the district. Kindergarten wing path delayed by the building project
- Scholarships – a few thank you cards were received from recipients
- Tenure Gifts (8) – discussion if this is something that’s been done historically. Liz will reach out to Eric O’Brien for a price range and send out a virtual vote
- Funding request
- Kindergarten Scholastic News 80 students,$5.99 – tabled. Mr Foti will see if this should be through the district.
- Responsive Classroom handouts $306 – approved, check if extra handouts from last year have been accounted for
- Fall Fundraiser – ideas – spices, mixed bags…Mr Foti agreed to be some sort of incentive (kiss a pig, etc)
- Membership Drive – handouts going out to elem this week
- Halloween/Book Fair – 6th graders and teachers will be asked to provide trunks for trunk or treat on 10/29 in the high school bus loop. Ask for candy donations.
- Yearbook – Tiffany Hurley has agreed to head up the yearbook. Treering worked well last year, voted to use them again
- Elem Staff Room – needs to be spruced up. We need to be sure to adhere to fire ratings for any furniture, etc. Reach out to companies for donations – new fridge, microwave. Maybe add a snack machine? We can reach out to parents for random snack donations.
- School Pictures October 25 & 27, PT Conference Dinner, School Banking – wait and see about parent volunteers
- Staples donation of school supplies – will put in the staff rooms for teachers
- PTO Today sample packets – will put out for conference days
- PTO insurance