September 19, 2017 PTO Minutes of the Meeting
MEMBERS – Darcy Beaulac, Amy Smyth, Deanna Coleman, Courtney Morizio, Lisa Meehan, Carly Lorini, Amanda Akin, Christa Waryas, Abby Martin, Dehilia Northup, Alyla Goldman
TREASURER’S REPORT PRESENTED
View Last meeting minutes
Fall Festivals-9/30/2017-Dehlia and Lisa will be chairing this event.
Fall Festival-10/7/2017- volunteers requested
Finalized Volunteers for picture day (Bessie Baldwin and Darcy Beaulac and Janelle Johnson)
Halloween Night-Abby Martin volunteered to chair this event. A further meeting was had to discussed. A sign-up will be generated for people to volunteer and also to bring refreshments and food.
Bookfair-Volunteers needed for this week and the also on Halloween Fun night. A sign-up will be generated.
Adam Myott-Foreign language Club-request help with a NYC filed Trip , NYC for School of Rock on 11/4. Matter was discussed and request were made to go back to the teacher and have the teacher be specific on what the funding is for.
OTHER TOPICS DISCUSSED:
- Order magnets and/or stickers with School and PTO logo
- Color run fundraiser
- Pumpkin Run
- Guptils Skating fundraiser-Dehlia presented and was voted that it was a good idea to look into.
- Discussion was made in combining a few fundraisers-tabled for next meetings.
- Read-a-thon-further discussions need to be made at future meetings. Making is run along with Zillah Herrington…
- Vendor Fair- date for this event should be pushed up to March, together with the Screen Free Week. Also discussed maybe adding food truck vendors.
- some further discussions were had about possibly approaching local businesses for fundraising.
- Cheese Cake Fundraiser was presented by Lisa Meehan as an idea.
- Save-a-Round books out-fundraising ends 10/13/17
- Continue to discuss at upcoming meetings. Including, but not limited to: Communication with community members; consistent updates to website with events, links, agendas, minutes, discussing event timing, no screen week-earlier dates; vendor fair-advertising with purchased signs, thoughts about vendor fair around Christmas time; re-think for upcoming year about the elementary camp day- funding-T-shirts where a lot, PTO to fund maybe small gift items and whatever items are needed for games, etc., school banking; maybe invite special guests to each meeting; more presence at BOE meetings.
- Yearbook Chair and Volunteers
Should anyone have an idea they would like to share. Please feel free to attend our next meeting or email the PTO at email@example.com
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION FOR FUTURE MEETINGS:
October 17th @ 6:30pm Elementary School Library