January 2023 Minutes
Date: January 17, 2023
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: Hoosic Valley Elementary School library
President: Liz Ruepp
Vice President: Lissa Kalbfliesh
Secretary: Lisa Meehan
Treasurer: Carolyn Gifford
In Person attendees: Denile Paro, Kimberley Macica, Tiffany Hurley, Sarah Weber
Virtual attendees: Stacey Kyea, Jacqui Paglialonga
Call to Order:
The meeting was called to order at 6:33pm
Approval of Minutes
The minutes from the December meeting were not available
- Treasurer Report: Full report was distributed showing outcome for all of the fall fundraisers: current balance $8908.97.
Tax filing is complete with accountant for this fiscal year
- Yearbook – all the school pictures are uploaded, ready to begin layout. Candid shots of school and community events are requested. Still looking to add more staff, including district office staff members. See Tiffany Hurley if you would like to help.
Unfinished (Old) Business:
- Plants for staff room: Donations have been received, to be delivered soon.
- Writing Olympics: Carolyn has offered to chair this event, Sarah Weber has offered to proofread submissions. If there is an event night formed, NJHS may be willing to be involved but specific dates and times need to be established as soon as possible. See Carolyn if you would like to help.
- Stewart’s Holiday Match: was applied for – citing classroom library funds as the earmark
- STEAM night: Liz was able to discuss with Mrs. Greco. Still need to finalize a date – evening, weeknight is likely (not 3/31 as discussed previously). NJHS may be able to assist with logistics, they will let us know when the date/time are chosen. Timing being considered is late March.
Jessia Clark, Lisa Meehan and Jacqui Paglialonga have volunteered to assist with this planning/event. See Liz if you want to help.
- Vendor Fair: Most vendor slots are full, payments are being made through Cheddar up. Date is 3/12 from 11-3. Vendor setup begins at 9. Class of 2026 and Mrs. Neary will be selling food – this is important as vendors have no other access to food during the day.
After discussion, 9th grade class will be offered the ability to run and share profits of a 50/50 raffle.
Additional assistance needed will be publicity – Express paper, flyers around town and social media. Also, day of help with floor marking, setup, basket raffle, take down – see Denile Paro if you can help.
- Spring pictures will be 3/10 – unlike previous years, all kids will get spring pictures taken. Day of help will likely be needed – reach out to Liz if you are interested.
- No funding requests were received.
- Guptills skating night – Liz Ruepp is still looking into details for this.
Date: February 15, 2023, 6:30 pm Elementary School library
Motion to adjourn was at 7:21pm
submitted: LJM 2/6/23